In mood to listen some music on my CentOS 5 system, I found that mplayer is not installed.
I’ve followed instructions from http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS
but stuck with error:
Error: Missing Dependency: libFLAC.so.4 is needed by package libsndfile
I have then forcebly removed following:
$ rpm -e --nodeps flac-1.1.2-27
$ wget ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/dag/redhat/el3/en/i386/dag/RPMS/flac-1.1.0-4.rhel3.dag.i386.rpm $ rpm -ivh flac-1.1.0-4.rhel3.dag.i386.rpm
This resolved the error and system is now happily playing music.
You may also like to read:
* 5 steps to secure your Linux Server
* Ensuring secure access to production Linux Servers
* Bash script to backup essential log files in Linux
* Quickly change your ssh port from defualt 22 to something higher
* SSH port forwarding from remote to local machine
* Save root or user history to check later
* Install and configure denyhost to prevent brute force attacks