I installed required modules in one Fedora 8 and one CentOS 5.2 boxes to interact with Amazon SQS and S3 services and build a perl script. When trying to start perl script, following error encountered:
Undefined subroutine &LWP::Debug::trace called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/LWP/UserAgent/Determined.pm line 21.
Force Re-installation of LWP::UserAgent::Determined module does not avail anything.
Then after some research, I came to know that the perl libwww-perl version 5.822 is culprit here. And the strange thing is that the updated version (5.822) causes problems while downgraded version (5.821) works fine. This bug is already reported here.
To quickly fix the error, download and install 5.821 version:
$ wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/G/GA/GAAS/libwww-perl-5.821.tar.gz $ tar xzf libwww-perl-5.821.tar.gz $ cd libwww-perl-5.821 $ perl Makefile.PL $ make $ make install
The issue has been resolved.
You may also like to read:
* 5 steps to secure your Linux Server
* Ensuring secure access to production Linux Servers
* Bash script to backup essential log files in Linux
* Quickly change your ssh port from defualt 22 to something higher
* SSH port forwarding from remote to local machine
* Save root or user history to check later
* Install and configure denyhost to prevent brute force attacks